Sunday, September 23, 2012

Paris and Marseille

I have not forgotten about you all.  I have been having way too much fun, if that is even possible exploring Paris and Marseille to the wee hours of the morning.  :)  Our remaining time in Paris was lovely.  Paris is like walking through a paining.  The buildings surrounding you are  incredible.  Anita and I spent our last two days exploring.  We stopped at the Louvre, walked through St. Germain, sipped Champagne at a lovely cafe, ate delicious pastries (Kouing Aman's & French Macaroons), checked out the french opera house, Notre Dame, ate delicous Onion Gratin at a lovely cafe near Hotel Deville, and then running to the our train with a few minutes to spare.  Our train ride was a blast, we sipped on wine, listened to music, and some drunk pariasn tried to pick a fight with Kian.  :)  

Marseille is quite different than Paris.  When taking the cab from the train station to the hotel it looked quite sketchy, though during the day it was not so bad.  The hotel was right on the harbor, but there was so much construction you could not really enjoy the view unless you were up high. Oh well.  Anita and I took a bus to a the town of Cassis.  It is a lovely coastal town on the French Riveria.  Turquoise water, high cliffs, marina, and shops and restaurants along the sidewalk.  First order of business, go by the water and take a little nap in the sun.  While l I took a nap, Anita did some Yoga.  After relaxing a bit we walked out and grabbed a bite to eat.  Anita got some Mouseles and Frittes and I opted for some pizza.  She squeezed what she thought was lemon on her Mussels.  She was even amazed that there was something in the lemon packet because it was so hard.  She looks at it and realizes that there are bubbles forming.  She smells and tastes it and realizes it is a hand towelette.  :) It was so funny, but I am sure you could appreciate it more if you were there.  After lunch I stopped for some Ice Cream.  The ladies in front of me were speaking english so I asked them where they were traveling from, they said "Minnesota".  So I chatted with these lovely women.  The highlight for me that evening was when we decided to head out around 11:30pm and while coming to a square with music and tons of couple dancing the Tango.  Some would switch partners, but it was so beautiful to watch.  Stuff like this truley does exist outside of the movies.  :)  The following day Anita and I did some more exploring of the town.  We decided to have dessert for dinner which consisted of Nutella Crepes with Whipped Cream, Chocolate Sauce, and Ice Cream.  Delish.  We hopped on a bus for our next destination - Barcelona.  I will update later.  






No comments:

Post a Comment